11.7.12

Sneed Homecoming | Central Georgia Photographer

If you are a military spouse I am sure you have heard of "Murphy's Law" that happens when ever our soldier heads off for a deployment. And if you aren't a military spouse (or haven't heard of it) let me explain. Basically "Anything that can go wrong, WILL" when our loved one is gone. May it be car issues, a child that is sick and has to stay in the hospital, traveling to a wedding in the middle of one of the worst snow storms in years, appointments ON TOP OF appointments, getting sick and not having anyone there to help you take care of your kid(s) let alone take care of you... There are MANY things that could go wrong ... And all of those things I just listed happened to my dear friend Kathryn while her husband was deployed for 6+ months.

To say that Kathryn is one of the strongest women I know would be an understatement. If you know Kathryn you know the struggles she goes though on a daily basis. And if you do not know her you can read all about her life over on her personal blog Singing Though the Rain. I honestly don't know how she does it. I would have gone crazy, back again, and then gone insane if I were her. But though her Faith, family, good friends, and the support of her husband she somehow manages to ALWAYS come out on top!!!

I was so beyond happy when she approached me to capture her husband returning home. It was a moment that I would happily live over and over again. Although things did not go as planned that morning, the moment she laid eyes on her Airman, nothing else in the world mattered! It was such a sweet moment. Thank you Kathryn for letting me be apart of your homecoming moment!!

*Side note: If you would like to read Kathryn's side of the Homecoming day (and find out about all the craziness that went along with it) you can find her blog post about it HERE














*I strongly encourage you to check out the OpLove website! And if you are about to go though a deployment, going though one currently or about to welcome a loved one home make sure to check to see if there is a photog in your area that supports the program and see how you could get a FREE session & prints! Operation: Love Reunited*

*The photos and other content of this publication do not imply any endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Defense.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for taking the time to leave my blog some love! I hope you keep coming back for more goodies from Brooke Ashley Photography!