17.3.12

Lucy's Birth Story -- Pt. 2 | Central Georgia Photographer

After sweet baby Lucy's Birth, I got to spend a few hours with her, her new momma, & daddy. It was so amazing to see the difference between a "few hours new" after a hospital birth and "a few hours new" after a home birth. Everything is so much more chill and laid back with a home birth. The baby and Momma both get checked out and then it's just like any other day. "Oh I just had a baby, ok... Now what do I make for dinner?" So neat.

Now back to the few hours I got to spend with new baby Lucy... I was so taken back by how smitten she was of her Daddy. She did not want to take her eyes off of him. Talk about melting your heart!! And while Momma got checked out, Daddy decided to take new baby girl outside for the first time. Amazing. It was so peaceful and perfect. We then got to do a check up of Miss Lucy. All taking place on their living room couch! She was a BIG baby at just under 9lbs. (Way to go momma lol)

All in all, I think this was the PERFECT first home birth for me to capture. I don't think "Thank You" will ever be enough for this family for letting me be apart of Miss Lucy's big day!!














1 comment:

  1. Look at those tiny wrinkly feet! It's just too much adorableness for me ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Thanks for taking the time to leave my blog some love! I hope you keep coming back for more goodies from Brooke Ashley Photography!