16.3.12

Lucy's Birth Story -- Pt. 1 | Central Georgia Photographer

This is the second birth that I was blessed to capture. Each one is amazing in it's own way. Each one makes me fall more and more in love with birth photography and it leave me thinking "Why did I not offer this sooner?!?" I always knew that photography was a passion of mine, but I never really found my passion IN photography until I started shooting births. This is the type of session that I know I could shoot every single day and NEVER get tired of it. I love it and am so very thankful to all the families that let me into this very personal moment in their life.

I literally JUST made it to see sweet baby Lucy come into the world. I got the text from her momma in the late afternoon. It was me and four kids at the house, but I was DETERMINED to find someone to come sit with the kids for a few hours while I rushed to the labor. As I walked into the room, there was momma pushing. I picked up my camera and just started clicking. Thankful that I had preset my camera settings before leaving the house ;)

Lucy's birth was extra special for a few reasons.

1. Natalie & Nick chose NOT to know the sex of the baby pre birth. So the emotion you see is joy of knowing that big brother Elliott has a baby sister.

2. Lucy was brought into this world. All natural via a home water birth.

3. The moments spent after she made her entrance are some I know I will NEVER forget. There was SO much love around that sweet beautiful baby girl.

Thank you so very much the the Herr family for letting me be apart of this extra special birth. And congrats to Momma Natalie, Daddy Nick, & big brother Elliott!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for taking the time to leave my blog some love! I hope you keep coming back for more goodies from Brooke Ashley Photography!