13.6.11

Joie de Vivre | Central Georgia Photographer


.image taken memorial day weekend 2011.



.image taken thanksgiving 2008.
ainsley def has some of that toups attitude in her ;)


This post is hard for me to write, but I feel like I need to. I know this a little more personal then my norm, but I need to get this out.

Today I lost one of my favorite people in this whole world. My sweet Granny. She lost her battle with cancer this morning. She was really an amazing woman. She had that "I don't give a _ _ck what you think" attitude, she was an amazing cook, gave the BEST hugs & could light up any room with her smile and laugh.

I am going to miss her more then words could even say. It's strange to think that the next time I go to Louisiana she won't be there. I am so so so very thankful that I got to go visit her over Memorial Day weekend. Even more thankful that I brought my daughter with me, and that Ainsley now has a good memory of her Great Granny. One thing I regret is not getting a picture of the two of them.

I will always remember her smile, her laugh, the smells of amazing food and candies coming out of her tiny apartment, her hugs, her killer middle finger, her commitment, her joy, her love, her attitude and I can only hope that I am half the woman she was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for taking the time to leave my blog some love! I hope you keep coming back for more goodies from Brooke Ashley Photography!